- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Lawmakers witnessed Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-N.H.) confront Baucus on the House floor about his approach to the legislation. Shea-Porter, in an interview, said she knows Baucus committee faces a huge challenge but doesnt believe its membership is reflective enough of the broader population.
The White House needs to coordinate the entire process, particularly since the presidents message and strategy tend to hold more weight when the party is split.
I think we can do more [coordination with the House], but, you know, I think the No. 1 messenger on all of these has to be the president, Senate Democratic Conference Vice Chairman Charles Schumer (N.Y.) said. We have the bully pulpit now. We havent had it in eight years, and that matters a great deal. But having a good coordinated message matters, and leaderships trying to do that.