- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Regardless of how it plays out, the appropriations wind-down is likely to stoke simmering tension in the House, where Republicans this summer complained about the Democrats decision to clamp down on the amendment process for the spending bills. Democrats defended the move as necessary for meeting their self-imposed deadline of completing the bills before August recess.
Theres a substantial degree of frustration, one Republican aide said. At this point, theres nothing more our guys can do until we conference.
When the time comes, the staffer says Republicans will press for a true conference like weve had traditionally and not just a five-minute gavel-in-for-show to meet the standard for the rule.