- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
While praising her personal history, McCain took Sotomayor to task for a string of speeches she has given over the years that conservatives claim clearly show she is a judicial activist.
But McCain also referenced decisions she has made first as a district judge and then as a member of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in making the case that Sotomayor adheres to an anti-democratic attitude when it comes to the role of the judiciary. He added that she lacks common sense limitations and ultimately lacks a key qualification for a lifetime appointment to the federal bench.