- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
While praising her personal history, McCain took Sotomayor to task for a string of speeches she has given over the years that conservatives claim clearly show she is a judicial activist.
But McCain also referenced decisions she has made first as a district judge and then as a member of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in making the case that Sotomayor adheres to an anti-democratic attitude when it comes to the role of the judiciary. He added that she lacks common sense limitations and ultimately lacks a key qualification for a lifetime appointment to the federal bench.