- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Speaker John Nance Garner (D-Texas) left Congress when he was elected vice president under FDR in 1932. Milton West kept Garners 15th district seat in Democratic hands for seven terms, but Garner may have been a bit jealous since he famously described his new job as not worth a bucket of warm piss.
The article incorrectly stated who appointed Sen. Ted Kaufman (D-Del.) to the Senate. Former Delaware Gov. Ruth Ann Minner appointed Kaufman.