- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Pelosi and Democratic Caucus Chairman John Larson (Conn.) also dropped by at the end of the dinner. Pelosi briefly addressed the crowd, reminding them how important the work they are doing is to retaining the majority, according to several attendees.
Lobbyists said working directly with Members makes them more accountable for contributions and also invested in the success of an individual Member.
Particularly if theyre not on the best committee and dont know as many people in town, it can help with building a support network, said one Democratic lobbyist at the event.
Wolff, who helped start the Frontline program, volunteered to work with Markey and Halvorson.
Choosing the two wasnt about business, according to Wolff.
Think of me as the new Amway project, Wolff said of his work for the two lawmakers. The purpose of my involvement is to hopefully introduce them later in the cycle to people they dont already know.