- Senate Strikes Deal on Trafficking Bill, Loretta Lynch
- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
In what appeared to be a subtle shot at the HELP Committee bill, Warner, a former businessman and governor, said too much attention has been paid to expanding coverage and not enough placed on cutting health care costs over the long term, as is the main goal of the Finance Committee.
In the view of one Congressional source, a majority of Members view Finances effort as the only potential producer of a reform bill they can feel comfortable voting for. Obama met for an hour Friday with Reid and Baucus at the White House to discuss the pace of the committees efforts.
With the House a mess, Members on both sides of the aisle are nervous about what they can vote for. And [with] neither of the other bills accomplishing everyones goal of bending the cost curve, all eyes are on the Finance Committee, this source said.