- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Gary Howard, a spokesman for the Campaign for Liberty, a nonpartisan, nonprofit group that emerged from the presidential campaign of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), said it was fairly common for people to talk about states rights but then feel differently about the controversial issues such as abortion or gay marriage. A lot of people express their support for state empowerment on issues that they like or issues that they dont like, he said.
Other members of the task force include Republican Reps. Marsha Blackburn (Tenn.), Jason Chaffetz (Utah), Mike Conaway (Texas), Doug Lamborn (Colo.), Cynthia Lummis (Wyo.), Tom McClintock (Calif.) and Randy Neugebauer (Texas).
Bishop says he hopes that the task force will go beyond educating the public about federalism and the 10th Amendment.
I just want to do more than write a nice position paper to read and throw away, he said.