- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The latest installment of the air war in the Democratic Senate primary has Lt. Gov. Dan Mongiardo hitting state Attorney General Jack Conway in a pair of 15-second ads.
One of the commercials casts Conway as beholden to Wall Street interests. The other suggests that he isnt an advocate for coal.
Conway is running a positive job-creation message this week.
Conways 30-second ad follows two recent statewide TV buys in which he accused Mongiardo of taking advantage of the public trust in his use of a housing stipend and his spending on travel.
Conways spokeswoman also declined to release ad buy totals but estimated that the attorney general has nearly double Mongiardos ad buys in pretty much every media market in Kentucky.
Mongiardos spokesman, Kim Geveden, declined to release the cost of the lieutenant governors latest ad buys but said the campaign has never operated under the assumption that we have to match them ad for ad.