- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Ira Forman, CEO of the National Jewish Democratic Council, says that anecdote is well-known among Jews. And he says Hoyers so close to the Jewish community that its only natural that Jewish-isms might roll off his tongue. He might not be fluent in Yiddish, Forman tells HOH. But hes fluent in Yiddishkeit.
Yiddishkeit, Forman tells us, means Jewishness.
So if the health care bill does pass, we can only expect Hoyer will use the phrase mazel tov on the morning shows.
Overheard on the Hill. Chinese food will be served.
An enticement to attend a health care briefing Wednesday in the Rayburn House Office Building by former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean. In an apparent bid to pack the house (if the promise of egg rolls wasnt sufficient), the e-mailed invite also noted, Interns and Staff Welcome.
Submit your hot tips, juicy gossip or comments here.