- Rand Paul's 'Long Haul' Cut Short
- Bernie Sanders as GOP Tool: Their Plan to Use Him Against Democrats
- Can Rubio Follow Romneys Path to the Nomination?
- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
The Alaska lawmakers campaign spent more than $1.3 million on legal fees during the 2008 cycle.
Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-Calif.), who has previously paid legal bills resulting from an investigation into an earmark he secured for clients of lobbyist and former Rep. Bill Lowery (R-Calif.), has doled out $68,000 in legal fees in the first half of this year.
In the second quarter, Lewis reported combined payments totaling $3,100 to Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher as well as $10,000 to the firm Williams & Jensen in legal retainer fees.
During the 2008 cycle, Lewis spent more than $274,000 on legal fees.