- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Rep. Steve King (R) is looking at a bid for governor in 2010, according to multiple local news sources. On a weekly public TV show taping this week, King said he was not sure whether he would challenge Gov. Chet Culver (D) but was looking at his options.
Theres a duty for me, I think. Ive made no decisions, King said on the program, according to the Associated Press. It would be constructive for me at this point to say that the most important job right now is to bring together and reunify the Republican Party in this state.
King is one of several Republicans looking at running for governor. The four-term Republican represents the western part of the state, and his district would likely stay in Republican hands if King steps down to run for statewide office.