- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Regardless of your career path, it behooves you to remain acutely aware of the need to develop networks and to seek out and take advantage of every opportunity to gain such skills. Over time, networking not only can help you land your next job, plan your career path, and lead to future clients, but can eventually put you in touch with contacts you want to hire as you become more senior.
Dont let the results of your networking efforts fall apart. Keep in touch with people who gave you information during a job search. Let them know where you land, and once youre settled, be sure to agree to meet with future candidates who contact you to request an informational interview.
Kate Neville is the founder of Neville Career Consulting, which provides guidance to clients who are considering career transitions.