- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Democrats and Republicans familiar with the dynamic said it is unclear how serious the rift between the two men may ultimately be, or whether an aggressive campaign against Reid will further erode relations. While Reid is known for often having a strong temper and a difficulty in controlling his tongue those who know Reid said he is focused on legislating and will look to keep politics out of the chamber as much as possible.
Sen. Reid is focused on governing. We have an enormous opportunity over the next two years to pass meaningful legislation for the people of Nevada and the people of this country. And thats where hes focusing his energy, one Democrat familiar with Reid said.
But one veteran Democrat warned that Reid is not afraid of a fight, saying the Majority Leader aint afraid to whip out the old Searchlight sling blade and cut their nuts off.