- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Rep.-elect Harry Teague (D-N.M.)
Teague, who owns a Hobbs, N.M., oil services firm worth from $5 million to $25 million, takes the House seat of Pearce, who sold his Hobbs, N.M., oil services firm for from $5 million to $25 million. After subtracting $1 million in liabilities, Teagues minimum net worth is about $6.3 million.
Rep.-elect Betsy Markey (D-Colo.)
Markey defeated Republican Rep. Marilyn Musgrave. Markey would replace Emanuel as last on the list of the 50 richest, with a minimum net worth of about $5.3 million. A former Congressional staffer, almost all of her assets are derived from Syscom Services, an IT company she and her husband established in the 1980s. She lists this asset as worth $5 million to $25 million.