- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Republican Reps. Brian Bilbray, Dana Rohrabacher, Ken Calvert and John Campbell had closer races than expected, but they all prevailed. In the 11th district, freshman Rep. Jerry McNerney (D), another one-time GOP target, beat former state Assemblyman Dean Andal (R) rather comfortably.
Up the coast in Washington state, the rematch between Rep. Dave Reichert (R) and former Microsoft executive Darcy Burner (D) remained too close to call Wednesday evening, with Reichert ahead by 1,100 votes.
The Reichert-Burner contest in 2006 was also quite close. Although the suburban Seattle district is leaning Democratic, Reichert, a former King County sheriff, remains popular throughout the region.