- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Another family member may have beaten her to it. Renterias mother, who worked as a school secretary in Woodlake for 35 years, is currently running for a seat on the school board. Renteria marvels at how her mom, for years the woman behind the desk taking other peoples calls, is campaigning to call the shots herself.
I forgot about what kind of difference you can make when you run, she said. Maybe one day Ill be like my mom and run for school board.
The article incorrectly stated that Renteria is the only Hispanic chief of staff in the Senate. At least three Hispanic chiefs, including Renteria, currently work in the Senate.