- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The final seat in the hierarchy, the Conference vice chairmanship, is likely to attract a race. Burr, Isakson and Coleman are considered likely contenders for that post, along with Sens. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Mel Martinez (Fla.).
Another aide said that regardless of how the leadership races shake out, there will be a desire to more quickly and decisively project calm and order. That will be particularly true, this staffer said, if the Democrats win the White House on Nov. 4.
We wont have time to fight amongst ourselves, this staffer said. The Obama administration would likely transition quickly and, by controlling the House, be ready to jam stuff through. Our guys need to be organized and back on the offense immediately after this election.
Emily Pierce contributed to this report