- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
While the Senate vote could help give political cover to Texas Republicans who decide to back the bill today, it complicated efforts to win over lawmakers in other states. All the Senators from Alabama, Kansas and Louisiana voted against the measure.
Still, Rep. Charles Boustany (R-La.), who opposed it on Monday, said he was encouraged by changes including the increase in FDIC insurance and the SECs decision to roll back mark-to-market accounting rules, but is still talking to Treasury officials about how the plan to buy bad debt would actually work and is uncertain how hell vote.
Emily Yehle and Keith Koffler contributed to this report.