- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
A decade earlier in 1974, Sen. Edward Gurney (R-Fla.) was indicted on multiple counts of bribery and was later acquitted, although he resigned from Congress.
Among the 10 Senate lawmakers indicted while in office since 1803, four Members were either found not guilty or acquitted, four were convicted in court although the Supreme Court later overturned a conviction in the case of former Sen. Truman Newberry (R-Mich.) and only Durenberger pleaded guilty.