- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democrats are watching the developing race closely, but they dispute the claim that the textile-worker-turned-teacher-turned-Congressman is out of touch with the district.
Andrew Whalen, executive director of the North Carolina Democratic Party, argued that the 8th district is trending more Democratic and that any Republican, be it Hayes or someone else, will have a tough time making inroads in Kissells coalition of support.
Kissell has done an excellent job of building real grass-roots support in that district, said Whalen, a former aide to Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.). I have no doubt that the NRCC is going to try the same tired, lame arguments that they have tried on other candidates on Kissell. The people of North Carolina are smarter than that.