- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Kenny noted that unions worked to scuttle the tax when it was backed by business groups seeking to avoid an employer mandate during the 1993-94 debate over President Bill Clintons health care proposals.
Many unions have already activated members to make phone calls and write letters and e-mails to Members opposing the tax. The activity will be ramped up significantly if the tax is in the bill, and it could include advertising and rallies, union sources said.
Let me tell you, it would be tremendous, Panvini said of the opposition from unions if the health benefit tax is included in the bill. You havent seen nothing yet.