- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Some Republicans are sympathetic to the business communitys silence thus far, noting that GOP Members have only recently spoken and that it is only natural to wait for details before raising the volume of opposition.
But not all Republicans are as understanding, with some downright critical of the business communitys decision to maintain silence even as Democratic leaders write legislative language and prepare for bill mark-ups in Finance and HELP set to occur in the next few weeks.
There is significant frustration with the business community for not speaking out against the sharp tax increases they will face to pay for government-run health care, said one Senate Republican leadership aide. These tax increases will be passed along to consumers and negatively impact job creation. The business community really has their head in the sand on this one.