- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
A Republican state Senator who last month announced his plans to challenge Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D) may be rethinking his campaign after he made headlines recently for referring to Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) as that Jew.
According to the Associated Press, state Sen. Kim Hendren said this week that he didnt know when or whether he would file paperwork with election officials, and he wouldnt say whether he still considered himself a candidate in the Senate race.
Hendrens remark earned the rebuke of the director of the Republican Jewish Coalition, and after Hendren expressed his regret for the statement, Schumers office issued a statement that simply said, Apology accepted.