- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
There is a double standard here, now that the shoe is on the other foot, Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) said. He said the administration has acted as if it can just wave a magic wand, and he complained about a range of Obamas decisions, from executive pay regulations to new biofuels rules.
Thune said its obvious the threat of regulatory action is being used to whip up support for the cap-and-trade bill. Theyre kind of playing this good cop, bad cop, he said. They are using every bit of running room that they have.
Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the ranking member on the Environment and Public Works panel and perhaps the Senates chief global warming skeptic, said Obama is going to go industry by industry with new regulations.
They have been doing this since they have control over everything, he said. Thats why they have so many czars who dont need Senate confirmation.