- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
One GOP aide said the criticism stems from the policy committees generally ambiguous mission. As a result, the committee has functioned differently under each person elected to lead it.
Everyone seems to have an opinion about what the policy committee should do, the aide said.
McCotter is a staunch conservative, but he has bucked the party on several key votes. For instance, he is running for re-election in a Detroit-area district devastated by the collapse of the auto industry, and he voted for the auto industry bailout that was opposed by GOP leaders.