- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) withdrew his nomination after coming under fire for failing to pay more than $100,000 in taxes on time. Sebelius nomination was briefly shaken although not threatened when it was discovered that she had more than $8,000 in misfiled taxes and received campaign donations from a doctor who has performed late-term abortions.
If confirmed, Sebelius will fill the last vacant secretary post in the Obama administration.
Governor Sebelius has a record of working with Republicans and Democrats to get things done, Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said through a spokeswoman. She is the right person to set a bipartisan tone at HHS and she is the right partner for Congress on health care reform.