- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Its not only a prospective tax increase because they wont be able to use it any more, but its a retroactive tax increase because they will have to take in their LIFO reserve and LIFO reserves are really an accounting entry. Theres no cash there, NAM tax expert Dorothy Coleman said.
Although not yet a concern, the billions of dollars being pumped into the economy may beget inflationary concerns in the future. If so, liquor lobbyists also plan to warn lawmakers that repealing LIFO while the Department of Treasury floods the economy with cash may have a disastrous effect on recovery efforts.
We might be facing significant inflation, Coleman said. That combined with repeal would be devastating.