- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
We believe we have been successful to date, but clearly we can strive for continued growth, he added.
Blackmon-Malloy said some improvements have been made. Former Police Chief Terrance Gainer now the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms had an open-door policy that allowed minority and female officers to address their concerns, for example.
But further steps must be taken to make sure that progress continues, Blackmon-Malloy added.
Its my hope that there will be a positive outcome, she said. Its embarrassing to have to come here to testify in 2007 because your workplace is not diverse.