- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“We believe we have been successful to date, but clearly we can strive for continued growth,” he added.
Blackmon-Malloy said some improvements have been made. Former Police Chief Terrance Gainer — now the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms — had an open-door policy that allowed minority and female officers to address their concerns, for example.
But further steps must be taken to make sure that progress continues, Blackmon-Malloy added.
“It’s my hope that there will be a positive outcome,” she said. “It’s embarrassing to have to come here to testify in 2007 because your workplace is not diverse.”