- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Obama’s decision to block the vote marks the first time a Democrat has pledged to return McConnell’s fire in the standoff. Last week, McConnell pledged to hold up all four nominations unless they are confirmed as a group, a plan that has few anecdotes.
In a recent statement, Obama called von Spakovsky “an unacceptable nominee.” I strongly oppose the nomination of Mr. Hans von Spakovsky to serve a full term at the Federal Election Commission,” Obama said in a recent statement. “The FEC needs strong, impartial leadership that will promote integrity in our election system. Hans von Spakovsky is not the right person for this job, and I call on President Bush to send Congress a new nominee.”