- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Welcoming the queen of England for the celebration in a traditional Native American ceremony and donning feathered headdresses, the states half-dozen tribes vying for federal recognition expected the events and attention would spark rapid legislative action in both chambers on Capitol Hill.
Indeed, the House passed the recognition bill the week before the Jamestown celebration, but the Senate has failed to act in the year since.
That had been kind of a milestone, Wayne Adkins said of the Jamestown celebration. We felt we should have recognition before that date. [But] it didnt seem that Jamestown was as important to people outside the state.