- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Welcoming the queen of England for the celebration in a traditional Native American ceremony and donning feathered headdresses, the states half-dozen tribes vying for federal recognition expected the events and attention would spark rapid legislative action in both chambers on Capitol Hill.
Indeed, the House passed the recognition bill the week before the Jamestown celebration, but the Senate has failed to act in the year since.
That had been kind of a milestone, Wayne Adkins said of the Jamestown celebration. We felt we should have recognition before that date. [But] it didnt seem that Jamestown was as important to people outside the state.