- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Online fundraising records show Sununu has not yet spent much on anything, let alone consultants. Through March 31, Sununu’s campaign had spent $595,100 of the $4.17 million he has raised so far this cycle — or a burn rate of about 15 percent. Shaheen had spent $725,600 of the $2.56 million she’s raised since she got into the race last September — a burn rate of about 28 percent.
Heath said Sununu never has a large campaign operation, in part because he runs much of it himself by relying on a few key individuals. Paul Collins, Sununu’s Capitol Hill chief of staff who is taking over the campaign, has been with the Senator for every one of his campaigns since 1996. Collins’ deputy and the campaign communications director were also on the 2002 campaign.
“His style of campaigning, I don’t know if there’s a U.S. Senator who’s as hands-on as him with his own re-election,” Heath said.