- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The interactive e-mail allows viewers to click the “spin” and “rinse” cycles to see examples of alleged Democratic hypocrisy.
For example, the “spin” quotes Pelosi in 2005 saying that corrupt Members should be barred from accessing sensitive national security matters. The rinse is the recent appointment of Rep. William Jefferson (D-La.) to the Homeland Security Committee.
Jefferson is under investigation by the FBI for allegedly taking bribes but has not been indicted.
“[Minority] Leader [John] Boehner (R-Ohio) keeps saying that Republicans are looking for new ideas, and apparently their answer is to recirculate old, misleading attacks,” Crider countered. “Unlike the Republicans — who have two Members from their majority in jail and another under indictment — Democrats have delivered on our commitment to make this the most open and honest Congress.”