- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Just as national Republican leaders have tried to cast Congressional elections everywhere as a choice between two candidates and two governing philosophies rather than a referendum on the GOP, Reynolds’ confidantes believe the worst is over for the four-term Congressman and that the mercurial Davis will not be able to stand up to the increased scrutiny the race is getting.
“We have a very positive record to run on,” Platt said. “Tom cares about and loves Western New York, and his record demonstrates that.”
Ben Pershing and Bree Hocking contributed to this report.