- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Gainer said that “there’s a lesson to be learned,” that Members, “especially new Members and their staff,” might not be familiar with Capitol Hill’s weapons laws.
“We’ll ensure that we get something out to refresh people’s memory about what the rules are,” he said.
In the meantime, Webb’s handgun remains in Capitol Police custody.
“In general, the owner of the confiscated property would have to come in in person and prove ownership or perhaps do that through their attorney” in order to get it back, Gainer said.