- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
This staffer said Shockey mainly acted as a liaison for Appropriations to the House leadership, to other committees and to Democrats on the panel, among other duties. Lewis and Shockey decided that he would have no role in handling earmarks at the time Shockey joined the committee staff, and Lewis himself wrote to the ethics committee about Shockey’s buyout package at Copeland Lowery.
Such actions were “specifically done because of [Shockey’s] previous life,” the staffer said.