- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
Although the 4th district heavily favors national Republicans — President Bush won the district with 65 percent in the 2000 presidential race — Taylor has been re-elected easily, taking no less than 75 percent of the vote in the last three election cycles.
Two other Magnolia State Members, GOP Reps. Roger Wicker and Chip Pickering, faced no primary opposition. Both men are expected to cruise to re-election in November, when they will face only nominal third-party opponents.
Lauren W. Whittington contributed to this report.