- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
As of press time, the Rules and Administration Committee had not returned several calls seeking comment.
“The genesis for Cups [& Co.] was the financial situation,” said Tamara Somerville, former Republican staff director for the committee. “Everything else they had tried down there had lost money. ... It’s a huge winner for taxpayers.”
Somerville, who left the Hill at the end of the 107th Congress to work as the National Food Processors Association’s senior vice president for government affairs, says the establishment is proof of the superiority of capitalism when it comes to providing quick and friendly service.
“I’m downtown now, and I miss it every day,” she said.