- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
As of press time, the Rules and Administration Committee had not returned several calls seeking comment.
“The genesis for Cups [& Co.] was the financial situation,” said Tamara Somerville, former Republican staff director for the committee. “Everything else they had tried down there had lost money. ... It’s a huge winner for taxpayers.”
Somerville, who left the Hill at the end of the 107th Congress to work as the National Food Processors Association’s senior vice president for government affairs, says the establishment is proof of the superiority of capitalism when it comes to providing quick and friendly service.
“I’m downtown now, and I miss it every day,” she said.