Oh hai, politics and pop culture junkies: Here is a fun game the Interwebz washed up on the HOH shore.
Apparently many people confused Missouri's own Rep. Todd Akin (R) with the Senegalese-American singer Akon. At first glance it might seem weird that many across the Internet scratched their head wondering whether it was a middle-aged white Republican man who claimed that in cases of "legitimate rape" the female body can stop pregnancy because it can "shut the whole thing down," or it was a famous African-American singer known for spouting ridiculously misogynistic remarks.
Think you can tell the difference between the hip-hop superstar and the Congressman? Check out these quotes courtesy of Popdust.
1. “Women will start realizing why men don’t treat them like ladies. Men are looking at them like, ‘You’re trying to be like me.’ Femininity is all out the window. The sweetness, the love aspect of it, the emotional part of the woman is gone because she walks around with her guard up.”
2. “Anybody who knows something about the history of the human race knows that there is no civilization which has condoned homosexual marriage widely and openly that has long survived.”
3. “I’m looking for someone who’s not trying to compete against me. I’m looking for a woman that’s willing to be a woman. Let me do the manly things, [let her] do the female-y things. … I know today a lot of women like to compete against guys. Like they feel like ‘I can do it myself; I don’t need no man.’ I don’t like that attitude.”
4. “I know that here in the States, it’s hard to bump into [women] right away because they’ve all been tainted a certain way. They all look at men in a certain way. [I'm] not saying that its their fault, because here in the States guys do a lot of things to make women treat them the way they treat them, too.”
5. “In a real messy divorce [marital rape laws can be used] as a tool and a legal weapon to beat up on the husband.”
Who uttered them? Click over to Popdust for the answers.